Whether you are planning a last minute get together or an elaborate feast, every good host has a secret dish that they know will be the talk of the party. Summer may be over but that doesn’t mean that hot dogs should be off the menu. Why not try making our delicious Lobster Dogs at home? It’s easier than you think and the results will make you wonder why you ever settled for traditional hot dogs!
The AC Lobster Dog consists of delicious lobster in a creamy bisque sauce, served in a brioche bun. Our talented chefs have put together a quick recipe to help you make this delicacy at home:
AC Lobster Dog Recipe
Makes 24 Lobster Dogs
3kg cooked lobster (this is based on buying the lobster still in its shell – if you are not buying it this way just reduce the quantity)
15 ml lobster bisque, either make from the shells or buy ready made
½ bunch chives, chopped
1 bunch spring onions, sliced finely
For the cream sauce
170 ml double cream
50 ml white wine
50 ml Pernod
50g shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 bay leaves
1 tea spoon Dijon mustard
Lobster Dogs were a hit at The AC’s event
- Shell lobsters and make a bisque from the shells, if you wish.
- Chop lobster meat into bite size chunks.
- To make the cream sauce, reduce the cream, white wine, Pernod, shallots, garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns and mustard until it reduces to about 1/3 of the volume (approx 100 ml.)
- Stir in the pre-made bisque. You can chill at this stage if you are making the dogs later.
- Mix lobster meat, reduced bisque cream and bring to a gentle simmer for a few minutes until fully warmed. Add the chives. Season to taste.
- Pile into buns and garnish with spring onions.
Quick to make and easy to eat! Goes perfectly with a chilled bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay or Chenin Blanc.